8951 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2013 7:16 AM by ilovemacbook
First update to OS X 10.7.5.
What step does not work for you?
How to enable the root user
OS X Lion
- From the Apple menu choose System Preferences....
- From the View menu choose Users & Groups.
- Click the lock and authenticate as an administrator account.
- Click Login Options....
- Click the "Edit..." or "Join..." button at the bottom right.
- Click the "Open Directory Utility..." button.
- Click the lock in the Directory Utility window.
- Enter an administrator account name and password, then click OK.
- Choose Enable Root User from the Edit menu.
- Enter the root password you wish to use in both the Password and Verify fields, then click OK.
What is it you need to do that requires this? There is almost certainly a better and safer way of accomplishing whatever it may be, than to enable Root.