Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help me I'm in tears. iTunes 11? I NEED iTunes 10.7 BACK! Win 7 ult, 64 bit. I can't believe I didn't check the online reviews for iTunes 11. I just trusted apple. Please Please Please I don't want to deal with this anymore. IT DOES NOT WORK.

Help me I'm in tears. I NEED iTunes 10.7 BACK! Win 7 ult, 64 bit. I can't believe I didn't check the online reviews for iTunes 11. I just trusted apple. Please Please Please I don't want to deal with this anymore. IT DOES NOT WORK. I'm having a panic attack meltdown over this. I can't believe I trusted apple to install software on my computer. I can't breath I'm so upset. I can't find ANYTHING I can't even find my iphone when I plug it in! WHY?! WHY! Do they have no compassion? No TESTING staff?! This is so much worse than Maps or Siri ever were. It feels like I've been physically punched in the stomach by Apple. Why would they do this to their own CUSTOMERS?! I give them so much money and lip service and they did this to me. They did this to ME to you to ALL of us! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM? Why? Why? Why? Did not a single person not paid by apple try this out to tell them the user experience?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1, Windows 7 Ult, x64 standard install

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 3:26 AM

To roll back to iTunes 10.7 first download a copy of the installer from here, uninstall iTunes. Probably best to also remove other suppporting software, e.g. Apple Application Support, Apple Mobile Device Support & Bonjour. Reboot. Restore the pre-upgrade version of your library database as per the diagram below, then install iTunes 10.7.

User uploaded file

See iTunes Folder Watch for a tool to scan the media folder and catch up with any changes made since the backup file was created.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2012 3:26 AM in response to Sleepyeyedboy

To roll back to iTunes 10.7 first download a copy of the installer from here, uninstall iTunes. Probably best to also remove other suppporting software, e.g. Apple Application Support, Apple Mobile Device Support & Bonjour. Reboot. Restore the pre-upgrade version of your library database as per the diagram below, then install iTunes 10.7.

User uploaded file

See iTunes Folder Watch for a tool to scan the media folder and catch up with any changes made since the backup file was created.

tt2

Dec 7, 2012 11:08 AM in response to Sleepyeyedboy

Sleepyeyedboy wrote:

Thanks again

You're welcome. 🙂

I found your original post of this solution on a non-apple controlled forum.

Would you mind sharing where?

It fixed it that night, though I was up till 5 am before I got everything working. Jayzus, talk about teaching me a hard lesson before installing apple's idea of "upgrades".

Probably a good time to start thinking about a complete backup strategy for your library and other important data. 😉

tt2

Help me I'm in tears. iTunes 11? I NEED iTunes 10.7 BACK! Win 7 ult, 64 bit. I can't believe I didn't check the online reviews for iTunes 11. I just trusted apple. Please Please Please I don't want to deal with this anymore. IT DOES NOT WORK.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.