Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect HP printer to airport using PIN

I have an HP printer that I configure last year.

For some reason it lost it's connection setting

My Mac have been updated to the latest OS

I can't find how to set the printer back in the network usng PIN

I have done it with the old Airport Utility, I just can't find where in the new one

I have an Airport Extreme router

Vincent

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1), 8Gig

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 1:59 AM

9 replies

Dec 5, 2012 6:31 AM in response to 20cent

Unfortunately, Apple dropped the PIN setup option in the "upgrade" to Lion and Mountain Lion.

If you are still running Lion OS X 10.7.x, you do have the option to download and install AirPort Utility 5.6 for Mac OS X Lion and use that to administer the printer using the PIN method, and your other devices as well.

Keep both AirPort Utility 6.1 and 5.6 on your Mac and use the one that you need.

May 14, 2013 11:04 AM in response to 20cent

I tried this today (again) and failed from the utility on my MBP. So I decided to move the printer to run from the USB port on the Airport Extreme. As I knelt to set it up I thought I'd use the Airport utility on my iPhone. Imagine my surprise when I found that there was still an 'add WiFi printer with PIN' option available there and it worked perfectly. Now Airprint works too.

Connect HP printer to airport using PIN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.