Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2.5GB of 'Other'?

I checked my storage in iTunes today, and found that I had 2.5GB of other on my iPad? I have a 16GB iPad so storage is very important. I've looked around the web and the 'open iTunes when this iPad is connected' trick did absolutely nothing. A lot of answers I've seen say to restore the iPad, but that kind of worries me. Even if I do back up just before restoring, I'm still worried that something can go wrong:/ I'll only restore my iPad as a last resort if nothing else works.

Also, what is contained in 'Other'? I bought my iPad in August 2011 so it came with iOS 4.3.5, and I am currently on iOS 6.0.1, could things from all the updates be stored in there?

Any help is appreciated!

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 4:43 AM

Generally speaking, 'Other' is data. Like do you have large e-mails you've downloaded? It could also be info associated with an app. Like if you have a lot of documents associated with an app.

3 replies

Dec 5, 2012 5:22 AM in response to Caleb2108

How Do I Get Rid Of The “Other” Data Stored On My iPad Or iPhone?

http://tinyurl.com/85w6xwn

With an iOS device, the “Other” space in iTunes is used to store things like documents, settings, caches, and a few other important items. If you sync lots of documents to apps like GoodReader, DropCopy, or anything else that reads external files, your storage use can skyrocket. With iOS 5/6, you can see exactly which applications are taking up the most space. Just head to Settings > General > Usage, and tap the button labeled Show All Apps. The storage section will show you the app and how much storage space it is taking up. Tap on the app name to get a description of the additional storage space being used by the app’s documents and data. You can remove the storage-hogging application and all of its data directly from this screen, or manually remove the data by opening the app. Some applications, especially those designed by Apple, will allow you to remove stored data by swiping from left to right on the item to reveal a Delete button.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

2.5GB of 'Other'?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.