Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually adding videos in iTunes 11

Hi,

I have a strange problem. I want to add videos (music, educational etc.) manually to iTunes and I want to make the media option Music Videos, iTunesU etc. by myself. I have been doing this for some time and it worked. However, now I have started having two problems since the last two versions of iTunes.

1. I have music videos from iTunes Store and videos added by myself in the music videos library. When I play video with shuffle on, iTunes only list videos from iTunes Store to be played. Now using the play next button in iTunes 11, I can add non-iTunes store videos, however after playing one non-iTunes store video, it starts playing again iTunes store videos. In principle (I have tried this) if I don't have any iTunes Store videos then I can not do shuffle playing with videos. It just quit after playing one video. This is really annoying.

2. Previously when I added videos, I could always change the media kind and mark them as iTunesU, Music Videos etc. Now now iTunes 11 always mark them as movies and when I try manually changing, it doesn't let me do that, it keeps

Can anyone suggest something here?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 4:48 AM

2 replies

Manually adding videos in iTunes 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.