Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't change the wallpaper on my mbp 13".

I can't change the wallpaper on my mbp 13". Neither via "right click", nor via "preferences". When I try to change it all I get is the beachball and then it seems as "preferences" crashes. At least I get no response from it and have to "kill the programm". Does anybody have an idea why?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 10:50 AM

Quit System Preferences if it's running. In the Finder, hold down the option key and select Go Library from the menu bar. From the Library folder, delete the following item, if it exists:

Caches/com.apple.systempreferences

and move the following item to the Desktop:

Preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist

Launch System Preferences and test. If you still have the issue, put the item on the Desktop back where it came from and post again. Otherwise, delete the item.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2012 10:50 AM in response to Knut_Hansen

Quit System Preferences if it's running. In the Finder, hold down the option key and select Go Library from the menu bar. From the Library folder, delete the following item, if it exists:

Caches/com.apple.systempreferences

and move the following item to the Desktop:

Preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist

Launch System Preferences and test. If you still have the issue, put the item on the Desktop back where it came from and post again. Otherwise, delete the item.

Can't change the wallpaper on my mbp 13".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.