Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replace old Protected AAC with Purchased AAC from the Cloud

Hello,

With iTunes 11.0, it now shows music from the Cloud that isn't currently downloaded to my iTunes library. I've notice that a lot of them are songs that I actually do have on my Mac, but the verion I have is in the older, 128kbps Protected AAC format. I see that by simply clicking the Cloud icon next to the song, it downloads the song in the [much improved] 256kbps Purchased AAC format. While this is nice, it leaves me with a file that is excluded from any of my existing playlists (which current have the old Protected version) as well as the new file having a playcount of 0.

Is there a way to updrade these files from the Cloud, but retain play count information as well as maintaing my playlists? Is there a way to have iTunes replace the old file with the new instead of me just manually deleting the old one?

Thanks,

Robert

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 7:32 AM

There are no replies.

Replace old Protected AAC with Purchased AAC from the Cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.