Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini (Unibody 2010) will not connect to the internet

So I have had this problem before, and it as returned since moving my Mac Mini around the house using WiFi, but basically I am using ethernet to connect to my Modem/Router, and it will not connect to the internet but all other devices in my house will. Last time I asked this question, one of the replies fixed it, but trying them all again doesnt seem to fix it this time.

What I have tried -

Restarting Router and Mac

Resetting PRAM

Ping google.com

Reinstalling Mountain Lion

Other random bits I can't remember

Also, somehow I cant remember how but I have totally messed up and now my mouse will only right click and it wont let me change this, all I have is my wired Apple mouse which the cord is waaaay to short to use.

Any tips/help is much appreciated

Thank you,

Mike

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 8:08 AM

4 replies

Dec 11, 2012 6:27 PM in response to Tilet

Hi, this has worked for a few...

Make a New Location, Using network locations in Mac OS X ...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712

10.7 & 10.8…

System Preferences>Network, top of window>Locations>Edit Locations, little plus icon, give it a name.

10.5.x/10.6.x/10.7.x instructions...

System Preferences>Network, click on the little gear at the bottom next to the + & - icons, (unlock lock first if locked), choose Set Service Order.

The interface that connects to the Internet should be dragged to the top of the list.

10.4 instructions...

Is that Interface dragged to the top of Network>Show:>Network Port Configurations.

If using Wifi/Airport...

Instead of joining your Network from the list, click the WiFi icon at the top, and click join other network. Fill in everything as needed.

For 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8, System Preferences>Network, unlock the lock if need be, highlight the Interface you use to connect to Internet, click on the advanced button, click on the DNS tab, click on the little plus icon, then add these numbers...

Click OK.

Mac Mini (Unibody 2010) will not connect to the internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.