Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto book page order changed in preview

When I previewed my iphoto book order, the page order changed as the inside front cover was the first page...different than in the app. Which will it be? My order was for a large hard cover book.

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 10:52 AM

Before ordering your book preview it using this method - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1040 - and save the resulting PDF for reference - the delivered book will match it.

The priview shows exactly what you will get including the dust cover - is that wha tyou are seeing?

LN

3 replies

Dec 5, 2012 11:26 AM in response to LarryHN

I did make the preview using the method you recommended. I think I figured it out, though. In Adobe Acrobat the preview came up showing me a 2 page layout that wasn't related to how the book will be assembled (I hope). The inside front cover of the actual book should be a blank page (shown that way in iphoto) which will be partially covered by the dust jacket. The preview function did not include that blank page in the pdf, so the pages appeared to pair up across spreads incorrectly in Acrobat.

Dec 5, 2012 11:57 AM in response to Kristy Oh

How did you make the Preview? If you Control-click in the View All Pages mode and select Save Book as PDF you'll get what the printers use to print the book. If you use the Pring ➙ PDF ➙ Save as PDF method you'll just get the pages and not the full dusk jacket:

User uploaded file

which does not include the dust jacket as a separate entity.

OT

iphoto book page order changed in preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.