Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX Server - Databasing, world wide web access help

so i have just gotten a new mac mini server and i plan on using it to host my web server. included the actual web server a mysql server a dns server and so on but i figures it would be easyer to just buy OSX Server. well i did and i have the server up just 2 problems first there is no dadabasing server atleat that i could find and second i can only access the web site if in on a local network. now i think it may have something to do with port 80 but i dont know can someone help me thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 11:12 AM

3 replies

Dec 5, 2012 1:23 PM in response to joshakafergie13

- OS X Server includes the Postgres database system. You could also install MySQL from a 3rd party (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/macosx-installation.html)

- Have you verified that the server is available to the outside world overall? Have you verified your DNS configuration? What type of connection do you have to the internet? Does that connection provide you with a public IP or does it use NAT?

OSX Server - Databasing, world wide web access help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.