Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email won't scroll on iPad

Emails show only one page and won't scroll down on iPad

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 10:55 AM

9 replies

Dec 5, 2012 11:00 AM in response to Pete Kroner

Quit the mail app completely and restart the iPad. Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Double tap the home button and the task bar will appear with all of your recent/open apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the app that you want to close. Tap the home button or anywhere above the task bar. Restart the iPad.

Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Or .... Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

Dec 5, 2012 11:01 AM in response to Pete Kroner

Hi,

Have you tried any of the following:

1. Close the mail app > double tap the home button > tap and hold the mail app's icon until it starts to shake > press the little red minus symbol in the top left > press the home button again > re-open the mail app > Fixed?

2. After completeing step 1 (if it didn't help), press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake button simultaneously until you see a red "slide to power off" option > Power off iPad > wait 10 seconds > Power iPad on again by pressing the sleep/wake button.

Please try those,

Best of luck!

Dec 5, 2012 12:34 PM in response to Pete Kroner

Is this happening in the mail app or in Safari?

If you are accessing your email in Safari, try clearing the browser and see what happens.

Go to Settings>Safari>Clear History, Cookies and Data. Restart the iPad. Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

It is quite possible that some crap that Yahoo is trying to load on the web page could be causing the site to freeze.

Dec 5, 2012 12:52 PM in response to Demo

I did the "Go to Settings>Safari>Clear History, Cookies and Data. Restart the iPad." and it working again... it seems as though whenever THEY place an ad next to the email the ad covers part of the email and the page will not scroll... I tryn to use what THEY describe as the classic att/yahoo email.

What are my options of avoiding att/yahoo altogether?

Dec 5, 2012 1:28 PM in response to Pete Kroner

Can't you set up your mail account in the mail app on the iPad? Settings>Mail>Contacts>Calendars>Add Account and then add your email account to the mail app.

I know nothing about AT&T or Yahoo mail. But if you want to continue to use a browser to access your mail, see if there is a lite version of the web mail that you can use on the iPad. I use a lite version for my web mail on the iPad - if I choose to access my mail that way - which is almost never. See if your we mail provider offers a lite version in the preferences on the web site. You will have more limited functionality probably, but you might be able to read and write emails withoutthe page freezing.

Any chance that your email provider has an app for email? Did you look in the App Store? Or search on their web site?

Dec 5, 2012 1:40 PM in response to Demo

Here's the thing about Yahoo Mail, you need their pro version ($29/year) to remove adds and have app access, which means you can't put Yahoo in the iPad's Mail App unless you opt for their pro version.

It might be best to forward all your emails from Yahoo to a Gmail account, then setup the gmail account to your iPad.

Best of luck!

Email won't scroll on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.