Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove an apple ID from an I pad, so I can give it away to my mom?

How do I reset my I pad Gen 3, without blanking out all of the material and going back to the original Arabic language, which none of us understand?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.1, I bought my mother an I pad in KSA

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 1:05 PM

15 replies

Dec 5, 2012 1:55 PM in response to donna75

the reason you do not want to wipe the device is because it might go back to arabic? or you simply want to take out your apple id from the itune store/facetime/imessage/icloud? because if you restore or erase all content and settings you will be asked the language you want the device to have.

Dec 5, 2012 1:56 PM in response to donna75

donna75 wrote:

Perhaps you don't fully understand that when I hit reset and wipe out everything I cannot follow what you are telling me to do because everything is set in Arabic. Every command and every menu is in Arabic and there is not any English.

Did you really not read the link I gave you at all? It tells you what to do when there is not any English, that is in the title of the article. It explains how you use the icons and the order of the items in the list to get back to English from a language you cannot understand.

Dec 5, 2012 1:57 PM in response to Rudegar

What do you mean "Settings, store log out with the appleid and you're Don" ?

I think I need to clarify this a little further with you. I bought this Apple I Pad in Saudi Arabia. They only speak Arabic there. I set up everything with my information and that has been nearly 4 months. This was a gift for my mother from the start, but because our family lost one of us, she has not felt like using it for quite some time. She now wants to use it, and I would like to take my apple ID off of the account on her login and replace it with her Apple ID, when she makes one up.

When I got to the airport and was waiting for the airplane to come, I had to give this to a person who was bilingual a little and who knew Apple products because he had an I Pad and he changed it into English so that I could use this device.

If I wipe everything out, then I have to go back to a bilingual person who does not live in these parts of the USA. My mother is very old and does not handle change well, nor does she speak any languages. I am answering this email for her so that she can get a good gift from me.

Dec 5, 2012 2:02 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

• Yes I read it, but all of that does not help me take the APPLE ID that I created from the I PAD that I bought and want to give to my mother. I have it in English now. I don't want to wipe it out completely unless that is all I can do.
  • I only want to take my Apple ID, which is my email address off of the account in the I i Tunes store. I don't want my Apple ID associated with this device, because I am going back to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to teach again.

Dec 5, 2012 2:19 PM in response to rockmyplimsoul

A word of warning though, Any Apps you downloaded with your Apple ID will still require it to be Updated. So your mother will be asked for it when she tries to update the apps. That can get very confusing. Its better if you clear everything off, and start from scratch, so that your mother can have a clean iPad.

Getting to the langauge change is not difficult if you follow the steps even when you don't know what the options say.

The location of the Language change is still the same regarldess of what language it is in.

You can try to do it yourself while its in english, and wirte down the locations of the things you need to tap to get to them, or follow this guide. It will walk you through the change even if you don't undertsand the language.

Language Change:

Tap on the Settings icon.

Tap on the 6th option from the top. It should be General.

Scroll al the way to the bottom, and tap on the 3rd option from the bottom. That shoud be International.

Tap the first option: Should be Language.

Look for English in the List. Tap it and then Tap the blue button on the top right corner.

That should change the iPad language to English.

Dec 5, 2012 2:29 PM in response to donna75

donna75 wrote:

Yes I read it,

Then you should hopefully understand that if for some reason whatever you do changes the language to Arabic or Chinese or Russian, you will be able to follow those directions and easily get to English again in a very short time. So that need not be factor is deciding what to do. If you haven't understood that, try reading it carefully again. Phil0124 has provided you the same info as well.

How do I remove an apple ID from an I pad, so I can give it away to my mom?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.