Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Proximity issue with Air Tunes

Hi-

I have read several posts about this but nothing directly related to what I have found.

I have been using an Airport Express for years specifically for steaming music wirelessly via Air Tunes. In the last several months I have noticed that intermittently Air Tunes cuts out. Recently I have found that this has to do with the proximity of my iPhone or other devices proximity to the Air Port Express.

As soon as I get within a few feet of the Air Port Express the music will cut off, when I move further away it resumes. I have tested this extensively and can replicate it without issue so it really seems to be a proximity issue.

This never used to happen, but now happens all the time. I have an IPhone 5 but the problem occurred with my iPhone 4. It also occurs with my wife’s iPhone 3GS and my iPad (first gen).

Has anyone else noticed this proximity issue with streaming wirelessly?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 1:01 PM

There are no replies.

Proximity issue with Air Tunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.