Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

search in music itunes 11 not as powerful now

Before iTunes 11, you could be in the Music list, for example, and enter a search item. This would eliminate all items in the Music list not containing that search item. Then you could sort that list and play the list in the order you established, from any chosen item in the list. Now, I don't see how to do that. If you do a seach in iTunes 11, you get a pop-up window with the results, but there is no way to sort that list or play them in that order or from a given spot in that ordered list.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 1:03 PM

6 replies

Dec 5, 2012 1:16 PM in response to Scott Young

I share your pain, Scott. I just read the sad news about, Dave Brubeck, passing away. Went to the search field in iTunes, typed, "Dave Brubeck", it found the items I have, but when I clicked on the item/s, it didn't display what I searched for. Instead, it just displays EVERYTHING in my library!

Using the search, I could get it to add the items to "Up Next", but that's all. This is a real SNAFU! The search won't find composers. For instance, if an album has the name of the composer, in the, INFO Window, Search will not show the results. Absolutely useless. I'm really surprised about this oversite. What were they smoking when they put this together? I want some of that 🙂, but I'm really disappointed.

search in music itunes 11 not as powerful now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.