Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration has caused iPhoto to downgrade?

Hello!

I recently bought a new 13" MacBook Pro and have used migration assistant to transfer all my work from my old macbook (running 10.6.8). For some reason although all my other iLife apps are up to date on the new MacBook, iPhoto is now version 6.0.6 rather than whatever version should have come with the MacBook- I guess iPhoto 11? What had happened here? Can I recover the newer version? Have I misunderstood something?

Thanks for any advice.

iPhoto '11

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 1:10 PM

6 replies

Dec 5, 2012 2:06 PM in response to barndad

And you may have issues with the iPhoto library -

Migration assistance does not handle the iPhoto library well sometimes - the best way is to drag the bad iphoto library from the pictures folder on the new system to the desktop, connect the two systems together (network, firewire target mode, etc) and drag the iPhoto library intact as a single entity from the old system to the pictures folder of the new system and launch iPhoto on the new system - it will open and convert the iPhoto library as necessary and you will be fine - once you test the iPhoto library you can delete the one on the desktop

LN

Migration has caused iPhoto to downgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.