Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I sign in to FaceTime or iMessages?

I can't seem to sign in to FaceTime or Messages in my iPad. It always says that the user name or password is wrong but I can sign in to App Store with no problem. My iPad was recently exchanged for another identical because there was an issue with 4G but I still have this same problem with signing in! I can sign in with another account, but not mine. Please help me, this has been driving me crazy!!! 😀

New iPad-OTHER, iOS 6

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:43 PM

2 replies

Mar 23, 2017 11:59 AM in response to HlynurHólm

open the "Keychain Access" app from the Applications > Utilities folder (or from spotlight search).

once the app opens, click on the "Keychain Access" menu in the top left corner, and then select "preferences".

In the window that opens, click the "Reset My Default Keychain" button.

CAUTION: This will delete all your saved forms and passwords on your computer. Make sure you know them before proceeding because you will be prompted to re-login to every single website and application where you had previously saved info.

Restart your computer. Viola. You are fixed. 🙂

Why can't I sign in to FaceTime or iMessages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.