Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you fit still images (jpegs) to match clips in Final Cut Pro 7?

The images are too small and the clip can be seen on the borders. I tried making them bigger b/f dragging but that distorted the image. I shot the video in 16:9 and shot the pictures with my IPhone not using HD.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 3:26 PM

8 replies

Dec 5, 2012 4:22 PM in response to Kristine321

Transform shouldn't distort the image but that's what you'll need to do if you want to fill the frame without a black border. You'll be enlarging the image so it may or may not suffer from that but you'll want to use the transform tool. Alternatively you could resize the image in Photoshop, cropping it and then enlarging it proportionately.

Dec 6, 2012 7:03 AM in response to Kristine321

edit the image into the timeline, place the playhead on the clip in the timeline and select the clip in the timeline. Make sure your canvas is set to image and wireframe. Make the scale of the canvas small enough so you see some are beyond the edge of the sequence dimensions. Click and drag any corner to scale appropriate and then click and drag anwhere else in the image to position appropriately. Scaling this way should not distort the image unless you're holding the shift key down.

Don't expect great quality of your scaling up a great deal.

How do you fit still images (jpegs) to match clips in Final Cut Pro 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.