Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ATH.exe: iTunes WiFi Sync on Windows is Useless

Apple. Listen.

This isn't a question. This is a statement. You broke something. You will fix it. And you will tell us when you do.

You've seen this problem in a few dozen discussion threads already: if iTunes WiFi sync is enabled with an iOS device and you walk out of range with that device, one of your little service applications -- ATH.exe -- completely loses its mind. It starts using 100% of a processor core and blocks any further attempts to sync with the iOS device until the process is killed.

Even on iTunes 11.

The only way to prevent it is by disabling WiFi sync entirely.

Yeah. It's an inconvenience. Piddling, really. I'm sure we're all complaining about nothing. Except -- well, a lot of us did kind of spend an awful lot of money because we happen to think your product has an edge, for whatever reason, over your Android-based competitors. It isn't so bad that we can't do the WiFi sync thing so much as it's awful that everyone else can.

Unless of course you (spent even more money and) run iTunes on a Mac. Those people probably don't have this issue. So maybe you owe us a little love. Maybe you owe it to us in a big darn hurry. Maybe you should care just a tiny bit more about the usability of one of the primary marketable features of iOS since version 5.

This isn't a question. It isn't even really a choice. You pretty much have to do it. So you will.

I'll take it as a kindness (by which I mean you'll be doing the right thing and that's the only reason you ought to do it) if you acknowledge this issue or stand out in front of it in some way. Not for me. I'm thinking a bit more of the other few million users of your gadgets who probably don't even know they have the problem because they aren't technically inclined enough to open Task Manager to figure out why their CPU fan has been roaring all day.

Do we understand each other? Wait -- no, that's a question. Yes. We do. We understand each other perfectly.

Now get to work.

Windows 7

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 4:50 PM

There are no replies.

ATH.exe: iTunes WiFi Sync on Windows is Useless

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.