Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 won't work properly with my 2012 Honda CRV bluetooth system like 4 and 4s. Will Apple correct this so I can upgrade from 4 to 5?

Will there be an update by Apple to correct the inability of Iphone 5 to work properly with certain new car bluetooth systems, in my case the 2012 Honda CRV EX-L bluetooth? Would love to upgrade from 4.

iPhone 5

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 5:26 PM

8 replies

Dec 6, 2012 9:37 AM in response to pogo626

Funny:

I have 3 headsets - Jawbone ERA, Plantronics Voyager Legend, and now (post iPhone 5) a Bose. None of them work well with the iPhone 5, but did work well with my 4S. Same with my 2013 CR-V - can make calls, but can't answer. After doing some research on the internet, it appears that others are having the same problem. So... it's going to be up to the every company or manfacturer that makes a bluetooth system to fix the problem (other than Apple, which does make "the blue tooth system" in the iPhone 5).

It's funny, on one forum a guy said (and I'm paraphrasing): "the iPhone 5 doesn't work with any of these cars; I wonder if we could sue all of these car manufacturers."

The question is this: whose responsibility is it to make functional the bluetooth features advertised by Apple? The Bluetooth system in my car works perfectly with the 4S (running iOS6), as do my headsets. The iPhone 5 doesn't work properly with anything.

BTW: Between my wife, my 4 year old, and I we own 19 pieces of Apple hardware: 1. a Mac Pro; 2+3. 2x 15" rMBP; 4+5+6. 3 ipads; 7. 1 ipad mini; 8+9. two UMBPs; 10+11+12 3 x iphone; 13+14+15. 3 x AEX; 16. Time Machine; 17. the original powerbook; and who knows what else I can't remeber (I edited this because I just remembered that I own 2 apple tvs). I am also a member of the ADC (OS X).

I been with Apple for a long time. I have been very loyal to Apple. I am entitled to say that is Apple's responsibility to make its own products work - but that Kool-Aid sure is sweet, ain't it?

Dec 6, 2012 9:39 AM in response to A Moon

Apple has loaded Bluetooth v4.0 in iOS 6 and with all devices that are using iOS 6. Vehicle manufacturers are responsible for ensuring their devices work with specific phones, not vice versa. Many individuals have reported problems with individual head units and vehicles, and it is the vehicle manufacturer that has to ensure compliance with bluetooth compatability. Could you imagine if there had to be settings in the phone for all of the different audio systems out there?

Dec 6, 2012 3:31 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

That's a BS response. I'm having the same problem with an Altima 2012. My iPhone 4 worked fine in every respect.

IPhone 5?. I can place a call ok. But I cannot answer a call -- the phone immediately drops the call, even if I try to answer a call using the phone and not the car system.

So if the 4 was fine, and the 5 is not, and the car hasn't changed --- then guess what. IT'S THE PHONE!!!! And I'm really ******.

Just don't be so disingenuous .... Apple has something to fix!!

Iphone 5 won't work properly with my 2012 Honda CRV bluetooth system like 4 and 4s. Will Apple correct this so I can upgrade from 4 to 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.