Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod touch won't charge after being wet

My iPod Touch (4th Gen) won't charge. A few months ago, it got wet after I spilled some water onto it, but it has been perfectly fine ever since I got the iOS 6 update. Then, it wouldn't build a charge. Instead, it keeps showing the "plug" symbol in the top left instead of the usual "lightning bolt". Unfortunately, the rest of the battery has run out and now it is completely useless. Could anyone please help me? Thanks...

iPod touch, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 10:46 AM

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

- Try another cable

- Try another charging source

- Look at the dock connector on the iPod. Look for abnormalities like bent or corroded contacts, cracked or broken plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genus Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

5 replies

Dec 6, 2012 2:00 PM in response to lllaass

Thank you for the reply, btw.

I, unfortunately, do not have another cable. Also, this cable appears to be perfectly fine as there are no problems with it. I have already tried oher computers, and even all of the wall sockets in my house. The iPod itself is fine, I try my best to keep it in pristine condition by putting it into a case and periodically checking to make sure nothing is getting inside of it. The only marks on it are finger marks and a scratch on the screen, nothing major.

I will try to make an appointment and see if they can help. As a side note, could Best Buy or some place like that help me too?

My iPod touch won't charge after being wet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.