Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What a silly way to downgrade a great way of importing photos EASILY from Mail. Before it was dead easy SAVE photos click and now this drag and drop. This is not going forward, this is going backwards in evolution. I wish this wil be changed.

What a silly way to downgrade a great way of importing photos EASILY from Mail. Before it was dead easy SAVE photos click and now this drag and drop. This is not going forward, this is going backwards in evolution. I wish this will be changed.

Will it and When???

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 7:11 PM

6 replies

Feb 10, 2013 6:35 AM in response to Gloria M

Gloria M wrote:

As much as i love my iMac, I have to agree this fix is long due. Very tedious to save all my grandchildren's photos I receive, one by one. Apple, please fix this soon!

Thank you!

Odd. I can select all the photos in an email and drag them all at once into iPhoto.

As another workaround, there is a hidden Auto import folder inside the iPhoto Library. If you make an alias of that folder someplace accessible, you can use the "Save All…" item in the Save menu to move all the photos to that Auto Import folder, and they will all be imported the next time you open iPhoto (or live if it is open).

You must display the "details" in the header to see the Save and Quicklook buttons.

To find the Auto Import folder, right-click on the iPhoto Library and select Show Package Contents.

To make an alias of that folder, cmd+opt-drag the Auto Import folder to a easy to find location like you Pictures folder. Or, just drag the folder into the Sidebar, if you use the Sidebar. The problem with the Sidebar option is you can't rename the folder. The alias you can rename.

Apple doesn't fix anything "soon." Except for high-risk security issues, they only fix things on their update schedule. And even then, if the fix doesn't get tagged for the current update in work, it will not likely get added in the middle. It will just be set to incorporate in the following update. But, I would imagine it should make the 10.8.3 update.

What a silly way to downgrade a great way of importing photos EASILY from Mail. Before it was dead easy SAVE photos click and now this drag and drop. This is not going forward, this is going backwards in evolution. I wish this wil be changed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.