Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you merge artists in iTunes 11?

For example, how can I tell iTunes 11 that "The Grateful Dead", and "Grateful Dead" are not separate artists? I have tried changing the info in the Get Info option when you right click, but to no avail.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 7:44 PM

Had the same issue the other night. The text for the artist needs to match EXACTLY. I had a trailing space in one of mine which was the problem.

5 replies

Dec 5, 2012 7:51 PM in response to Imp68

This wasn't the complete answer for me, but it did help me solve it. Under the Get Info option, after matching the artists to both the same thing, The Grateful Dead, it still didn't organize certain albums, but then I then noticed right underneath the Artist section in Get Info, there is Album Artist, and that was what was not matching. I matched them both to The Grateful Dead, and it worked! Hallelujah!

Jun 25, 2013 7:52 PM in response to ryanmartinek

I have been having this exact same issue with the exact same artist as well! I tried doing just what you menitoned but it is not changing anything. When Artists are selected at the top I have The Grateful Dead, Grateful Dead, Grateful Dead, The and a couple others.

When I copy and pasted the exact same "The Grateful Dead" into both Artist and Album Artist nothing is changing in my list of artist. Everything remains the same! I'd be Grateful for some help to consolidate this mess...

Thanks

How do you merge artists in iTunes 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.