Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal hotspot set to ON does not appear in Settings

Personal hotspot using WIFI is not working anymore, after I tried using personal hotspot via USB.

[Setup]

Device: iPhone 4s

OS version: iOS 6.0.1

Personal hotspot via WIFI connection, device: Mobile phone, Samsung Corby 2

Personal hotspot via USB connection, device: Laptop, Dell Latitude E5510

- My carrier provisioned me to use unlimited internet surfing.

I tried the Personal Hotspot functionality via WIFI first, using my mobile phone. It worked just fine. Then I disconnected it.

Then I plugged the usb to a laptop since I need to charged it and connect it to iTunes.

This laptop was currently connected to a LAN network via ethernet.

The Personal Hotspot via USB began activating, then it was connected but no internet access.

So essentially I have 2 connections in my laptop, one with internet access and one without.

I tried to configure the apple drivers in Windows to be able to successfully connect to the internet, via my Personal hotspot.

Then I was able to connect after a few trial and error of updating/enabling/disabling the apple drivers installed.

This is what happens after:

When going to Settings->Personal Hotspot, it can be toggled ON and OFF.

Set Personal Hotspot to OFF, Then go back to Settings. Notice that Personal Hotspot is set to OFF.

Set Personal Hotspot to ON, Then go back to Settings. Notice that Personal Hotspot is set to <nothing>. This should be set to ON.

Since this is the case, my iPhone is NOT searchable anywmore for WIFI.

I need the PH via WIFI to work again, it is NOT searchable anymore since Personal Hotspot in Settings cannot be set to ON.

I tried resetting my phone but it did not work.

I tried restoring my phone but it did not work.

Can anyone provide some insights about this issue? Thanks a lot!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 8:46 PM

There are no replies.

Personal hotspot set to ON does not appear in Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.