Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outgoing server issues

"A copy has been placed in your Outbox. The sender address xxx@xxxx.com was rejected by the server." I am receiving this trouble message everytime I send a message

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 9:32 PM

5 replies

Dec 7, 2012 12:07 PM in response to Myrombay

I started having this problem recently as well. I know the settings are correct, and had been working previously. I went into settings and set all the outgoing servers for all accounts to "on" and my mail now sends. I have no idea which server it is actually sending from though. I will have to ask someone to check the headers and let me know.

Dec 29, 2012 3:56 PM in response to Myrombay

Try going into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > select the account > account name , tap on SMTP (under the 'Outgoing Mail Server' heading) and then try entering your email account and password in the optional boxes and see if it then works

this was advice given to me by another user - not my idea - but it worked for me

Apr 15, 2014 8:52 AM in response to Myrombay

Found this solution elsewhere, worked for me:

"I just had the exact same issue with my iphone 5. I was able to troubleshoot the problem by going to "Outgoing Mail Server", clicking on SMTP, and i noticed that my PRIMARY SERVER was "on", but that same server under "OTHER SMTP SERVERS" was "off". Make sure that both servers for "primary" and "other" are set for ON and this will solve your problem!"

Outgoing server issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.