Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deep into Power Nap

Hi,

I have disabled Power Nap but I realize that it still is working when on AC. I have a set of rules in Mail.app to keep the mailboxes organized, and I have an iPhone where I only push the Inbox.

Problem is, I don't want Power Nap to update my e-,mail because it also distributes e-mail to the folders on the rules. Sometimes I only pick my macbook later on the day and I need to have all the e-mail I+m receiving on the IMAP inbox.

Does anyone know how to uninstall Power Nap? (macbook retina mid 2012 here)

or better yet

Does anyone know how to go deeper on the Power Nap (maybe by editing preferences files) and select which operations I want Power Nap to do and not to do?

I know I can solve it by closing the Mail.app before I put my computer to sleep, but I actually like to keep it open, I keep all the apps I use on a daily basis open so when I wake it up it's faster to start working.

Kind regards,

João de Sousa Aroso

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 12:56 AM

4 replies

Dec 6, 2012 3:17 PM in response to Eric Root

Going to try it, although it will make me have to check for mails manually while the laptop is on right?

edit: it doesn't. Somehow the mails are pushed to my laptop although mail is in manual setting. Nevertheless I don't believe this will solve the power nap issue. Mail.app behaviour is the same, even having manual checking or not.

Is there anyone who knows how to manually configure the actions while power naping?

Thanks...

Deep into Power Nap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.