Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant share files

How do I use bluetooth to share files between my macs? one is an iMac using version 10.7.5 the other is a macbookpro using version 10.6.8

Thanks

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 7:47 AM

6 replies

Dec 8, 2012 11:33 AM in response to BDAqua

I had a small jpeg on my laptop that I wanted to send in an email from my other newer mac. I finally found a way to access the drives on the other mac through the network, but it only saved a zero kb file that would not open on the newer computer. So I ended up transferring it on a flash drive --- which is what I've been doing for over a year and am trying to find a better way.

Thanks for the reply

Apr 10, 2013 12:16 PM in response to jclive

Hello

I am having this same problem. I have the bluetooth enabled and it sees both computers, it will let me send small files of no memory size but when I go to send larger ones the connection drops? One computer is a Powermac g4 laptop running Version Leopard 10.5.8 and the other is a new Mac Mini running Mountain Lion. Any assistance would be appreciated as I would have to do as the person above is doing and transfer to memory stick. :/

cant share files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.