Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I set up the emergency number for emergency call?

HI,

How can i set up the emergency number? incase of emergency call. Is it possible to set up?

Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:26 AM

8 replies

Apr 9, 2013 10:28 PM in response to KiltedTim

I'm looking for the same thing. Every once in a while there is a big push to add an ICE (In Case of Emergency) contact number to your phone in case you are ever severely injured. This makes total sense ... however, you have to lock your phone with a passcode as well, in case it's lost. There needs to be another button on the passcode entry screen (besides Emergency Call) that will allow the phone to call the contact you've designated for emergencies. Or if there isn't room, allow someone to press the Emergency Call button that is already there and instead of just presenting a dialing pad ALSO display an option to call the emergency contact.

This is a basic safety issue that must be being addressed by other phone manufacturers(?)

Apr 9, 2013 10:52 PM in response to Vejchaiyan

Regarding pdxmbm's statement about ICE, I use an ICE app from the app store. This places an iD number visible on the home screen that a medical rescuer can use to retrieve emergency contact (and medical) information.

Regarding setting up an emergency number, I don't believe you have a choice. For example, in the U.S., that number is 911. You cannot decide instead, for example, to have an emergency call sent to a relative or your doctor.

Apr 11, 2013 1:30 PM in response to sberman

Great, I will check the app store. I'm not so concerned about 911 (though obviously that is important) but I just want someone to be able to eaily contact a relative if I end up in the hospital unconcious. I do carry that info in my waller, but it's only logical that the iPhone could do it better!

Appreciate your response!

Mark

How can I set up the emergency number for emergency call?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.