Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just took my 1st gen iPod out of it's original box, never used before. Plugged it into my new Mac book Pro and it recognizes that the iPod is in recovery mode but when I click to restore, error 1611 comes up - but that error code doesn't say what to do?

I had an 8GB 1st gen iPod in it's original box in storage and just took it out to hook it up. Charged it overnight, plugged it into new Mac Book Pro and it was recognized as being an iPod in recovery but other identifying information was all indicated as "n/a" (so, unknown OS, etc). Error code 1604 came up so I downloaded iTunes on the Mac Book and it is currently showing version 10. But now when I try to restore the iPod, error code 1611 comes up and the troubleshooting doesn't tell me what else to try. The USB connector that came with the iPod was also never used before - brand new also from the box so that should be fine. I also tried a different USB port on the Mac Book. Any ideas?

iPod touch, 1st gen iPod touch 8GB

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:27 AM

1 reply

Just took my 1st gen iPod out of it's original box, never used before. Plugged it into my new Mac book Pro and it recognizes that the iPod is in recovery mode but when I click to restore, error 1611 comes up - but that error code doesn't say what to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.