Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

since upgrade of aperture, my photos from a year ago are not in library. On time machine, they are there, but I cant transfer them to todays aperture library because it says the old version is not supported. Please help!!

Since the upgrade of Aperture, my photos from a year ago are not showing up. When I go to time machine, they show up in the library, but I cant transfer them to my todays aperture because it says the old program needs to be updated. How do I get my pics from a year ago transferred to todays Aperture? Please help!!!!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3), using time machine as home router

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 10:04 AM

7 replies

Dec 6, 2012 1:11 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

Thx for your help. When I click restore, it prompts me to select a folder for the restored items. Do I just create a new folder? I did this, and the folder appears on my desktop. I still can't import the folder into today's aperture. Thank you for your help . . What's next step? I am about to restore again and need to know what folder. Thank you

Dec 6, 2012 1:17 PM in response to Joescamp7

You will be restoring the old Aperture library from TM, having it on the Desktop is fine.

Once the restore is finished you will have the old Aperture library in that folder. Now you want to open this library by double clicking it (the library). This will open Aperture on it and Aperture will tell you the library needs to be upgraded. Let Aperture upgrade the library.

Once the Library is upgraded to the latest version of Aperture you can do want you want with it. Once you have gotten to this point if you still need help post back.

regards

Dec 6, 2012 1:55 PM in response to Joescamp7

What version of Aperture and the OS are you running now?

Updating the library will make it so you can;t use it with earlier versions of Aperture but you have a backup of the old version of the library in TM so you are covered.

BTW you are restoring the library out of TM before you work on it, correct? You are not trying to do this on the TM disk.

regards

since upgrade of aperture, my photos from a year ago are not in library. On time machine, they are there, but I cant transfer them to todays aperture library because it says the old version is not supported. Please help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.