I've finally accepted that Apple are not replacing the old Gallery.
With regard to Photo stream, I think I have worked it out..... you can create albums from within it, but this only works if you take a picture from your iOS device.
Bottom line is, most of the pics I want to keep in albums will not be taken with my iOS device.
So how do I (can I?) import photos in to photo stream?
Who shall be able to see your photos? If you use "My Photo Stream", only persons using your AppleID and iCloud account will be seeing the Photos. That is very restrictive. And the PhotoStream does not store your photos for a long time. It only pushes the photos to your other devices.
You can use Shared Photo Streams. That are stored in the cloud and you can invite other iCloud users to view these streams. But they will need MacOS X Mt. Lion to see the stream. iCloud: Using and troubleshooting Shared Photo Streams
But if you publish a journal as a webpage to your iCloud homepage, the webpage will be stored in the cloud and you can invite persons to view the webpage. They do not need to sign up for a shared photo stream.
To view your published web journal in a web browser you need to share a link, also to yourself on your windows laptop:
- To share a link to your published journal, tap Share Journal and do any of the following:
- Send a link in a message: Tap Message, add a recipient, and tap Send.
- Tweet a link: Tap Twitter and enter a tweet. Tap Send.
- Post a link to Facebook: Tap Facebook and tap Post.
- Send an email with a link: Tap Mail, add a recipient, and tap Send.
- Copy a link: Tap Copy and paste the link into another app.
Sharing your journal and publishing to Photo Stream may take a long time. Your iPad will not upload to the Cloud, if the battery is low (less then 20%).