Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm using ibooks author and have 2 ipads. I was able to use my 1st ipad to preview the book and it worked perfect. Then I needed to use my 2nd ipad and it didn't work

The 2nd ipad is another designers in my department. I did all the tricks that normally make preview work. Unplug ipad, close ibooks, reopen ibooks, then plug into my computer, waited a few minutes, then hit preview. Still nothing?

Plugged my first ipad back in to double check for user error and that works fine.

By chance does ibooks autor only recognize 1 ipad?? the ipads have 2 different "owners" so would that cause an issue??

thanks!

iPad, ibooks autor

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 7:36 AM

When I had this problem it was because the iBooks on the iPad hadn't been updated to iBooks 3.

It can't be a number of iPads issue as I've connected a couple of different ones here.

If it's not this then sorry I have no other ideas!

1 reply

I'm using ibooks author and have 2 ipads. I was able to use my 1st ipad to preview the book and it worked perfect. Then I needed to use my 2nd ipad and it didn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.