Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What product can I buy that will provide portable power to my MacBook Pro and iPhone and iPad when I am flying?

What product can I buy that will supply portable power to my MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad when I am flying?

I recently was on an extended trip and the port for charging at my seat was not working.

MacBook Pro, Portable battery chargers

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 12:07 PM

1 reply

Dec 6, 2012 12:21 PM in response to antonio276

Unfortuntly you can't.

The Apple Airline adapter is only meant to keep a fully charged battery from draining, however with newer computers requiring more power, they tend to drain the battery AND the power at the same time, thus require more power hook up without the computer running to charge the battery.

Since your iPhone and iPad charge off USB, that's going to drain the MacBook Pro battery as well.

To generate enough power to charge all three will require a portable generator which of course can't be used on a plane.

The best you can do is have all three charged up before you board the plane, and use each for as long as you can.

What product can I buy that will provide portable power to my MacBook Pro and iPhone and iPad when I am flying?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.