Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't Apple make wireless bluetooth earphones?

The new Apple earbuds sound ok; but why the wires? Why doesn't Apple make wireless earphones. I'm stumped. Who wants wires???

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 12:43 PM

6 replies

Dec 6, 2012 2:16 PM in response to raspberryaddiction

Price I would imagine. They are supplying the earpods for free, and they also contain the remote. It would be rather expensive for a bluetooth headset to be included, and what fits for one.....you know. If I wanted bluetooth headphones, I would look for someone that manufactures those types of devices and get quality, and be able to choose something I could try on, listen to, etc, based on the price you pay for that stuff.

Dec 6, 2012 2:16 PM in response to raspberryaddiction

Apple made a BT headset when the iPhone was first released and it was not particularly well reviewed and certainly was not a big seller so they got out of the market.

No way they would stop inluding wired headphones and switch to BT versions at this time, the cost increase would be more than they would like to add. It has nothing to do with the customer's understanding of BT.

Why doesn't Apple make wireless bluetooth earphones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.