Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime incoming audio drops

hi -

i see many other folks having this issue since a couple of years ago: it seems it's been ongoing through Snow Leopard, Lion and now Mountain Lion. i'm asking: has ANYONE found a solution - or had any kind of reasonable response from Apple - to this bug?

i'm on a retina MBP running 10.8, using Facetime with my friend who's also on an MBP running, i think, 10.6. consistently, after a period (maybe 10-15 mins?) the incoming audio drops at my end: my friend can still hear me, and we can both see each other, but i'm unable to hear my friend. once they've closed and restarted Facetime, we can talk again for another 10-15 mins before the problem, consistently, recurs.

it seems from these symptoms very likely that this is a bug in the Facetime app. it also seems somewhat mind-blowing that it is STILL present after all several years and several versions of OS X!

does anyone know of a fix?

many thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 1:42 PM

There are no replies.

Facetime incoming audio drops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.