Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect to the CDDB server. The network cannot be reached.

Unable to connect to the CDDB server. The network cannot be reached. In the last couple of months iTunes has consistently refused to access the CDDB server when I'm trying to import CDs, even though all other internet-reliant functionality works fine (can access iTunes store etc). Have tried turning off home sharing - just really frustrated by this - as a music critic, it's pretty imperative to be able to import and rip CDs without too much stress. On a 2011 iMac 27" with iTunes 11.

iTunes-OTHER, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 1:45 PM

Cannot get track names after inserting CD. New problem with iTunes 11?

"Unable to connect to the CDDB server. The network cannot be reached.

Make sure your Internet connection is active and your network settings are correct, then try again."

I'm getting exactly the same problem. It seemd to arise after updating to iTunes 11.

Absolutely no problem connecting to Internet, iTunes store, iTunes Match but not to the CDDB database ...

There seem to be a number of similar compalints under different posts here over the course of the last month. But so far no one has psoted a solution as far as I can see.

56 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2012 1:45 PM in response to NZDunc

Cannot get track names after inserting CD. New problem with iTunes 11?

"Unable to connect to the CDDB server. The network cannot be reached.

Make sure your Internet connection is active and your network settings are correct, then try again."

I'm getting exactly the same problem. It seemd to arise after updating to iTunes 11.

Absolutely no problem connecting to Internet, iTunes store, iTunes Match but not to the CDDB database ...

There seem to be a number of similar compalints under different posts here over the course of the last month. But so far no one has psoted a solution as far as I can see.

Feb 12, 2013 4:05 AM in response to NZDunc

I do not know if you have this solved but I may have a solution. I have a MacBookPro early 2011 model with iTunes 11 installed. This is what I did to get it working;

1. Close iTunes

2. Open System Preferences

3. Clicked on Network

4. Select WiFi in the white column on the left

5. Choose the Advanced button in the lower right hand side

6. Press the Proxies tab

7. Choose Auto Proxy Discovery (a tick will apear)

8. Press Ok, then Apply on the Network section and close the window.

9. Relaunch iTunes and see if it connects

Hopefully it works for you.

Unable to connect to the CDDB server. The network cannot be reached.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.