Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing defunct iWeb data from Google results??

Hi there,

Several months ago I made a portfolio site for job searching using iWeb. One of the pages I made housed my resume as both text and links so that potential employers could download it in a variety of forms. Very conveniently I got a great job about a week before Apple stopped hosting iWeb sites this summer, so I never bothered to re-host my site on another server... the pages are just sitting at home, unpublished for the last six months. I happened to Google my name a few days ago, and noticed to my horror that that resume page shows up in the search results, including my whole heading: home address, phone number, email, everything! I immediately deleted that page in iWeb and resaved, but I feel like that's pointless since it's not hosted anywhere. Is there anything I can do to remove that from any Google searches? I'm mortified and a bit furious that my personal data is out there for anyone to take.

Thanks!

Mardie

iMac 3.2GHz, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 4:37 PM

See this article from Google support...

support.google.com/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=164734

1 reply

Removing defunct iWeb data from Google results??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.