Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any recommendations for a good screen protector for my iPad mini?

My iPad Mini appears to already have a fine scratch on the screen. Fortunately it's only visible in sunlight at an angle.

Any recommendations for a good screen protector?

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 6

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 2:36 PM

7 replies

Dec 20, 2012 6:16 AM in response to kb1951

Big variations in screen protectors-- by type, quality, adhesive, brand, and price.

Ant-glare, often rainbow effects or slight distortions.

Crysal clear, often some glare but text excellent..

Sticky, cling, spray on, etc... different methods of attachment; some more prone to bubbles than others, some easier to install than others.

Many say that Power Support is the best; in my experience, they are quite good, albeit $$. Their customer service is excellent. I use a Crystal Clear on my iPad and iPhone--superb, not aware they're on save for imperfect adhesion in one corner; the anti-glare produced noticeable degradation in image, as many do, and I took it off.

Joy Factory supposed to be good; they provide 2 in a package. I have a pack for an iPad 2 that I haven't used.

Mixed reviews on many; some swear by Zagg, others swear at it.

You do get what you pay for; at least, don't go too cheap on this!

Having said all that, I, too, would be interested in hearing from people who have gotten protectors for their iPad minis! Things may vary in the smaller size; there could be a newcomer on the block; some cheap import may have become acceptable or even good.

May 15, 2014 5:00 AM in response to lance38

I agree 100% with saturn and lance on Tech Armor. I'm the one who made the long post above about options and even pitched the old "you get what you pay for" line. No longer true. I tried TA several months back--it was too cheap to pass up--and discovered they're really good.

Unlike the others, you get several protectors (3) for a low price--meaning if you mess up the installation, you have plenty to fall back on. There are installation videos and a pamphlet that explain what to do quite well. These are non-spray protectors--key is doing it in a dust-free place. I've found the bathroom floor woks well--a couple of hours after a shower. Many recommend doing it right after a shower--that's unwise as the humidity can damage your I-device.

In any event, go for the crystal clear ones; no rainbow effects.

Any recommendations for a good screen protector for my iPad mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.