Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I do a hard reset on my iPhone 4S?

My touch screen is not responding in certain areas of the phone. Type a text message but doesn't respond when I touch the "send" button. In a word game, won't respond when I touch certain areas of the screen. Problem getting worse. Tried a soft reset. How do I do a hard reset? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 7:05 PM

5 replies

Dec 6, 2012 7:11 PM in response to MDKaminsky

In Apple terms, there is a Reset, which is holding both the Home and Power buttons until the iPhone begins to restart itself, usually about 10 seconds of holding both buttons. If you want to Restore the iPhone, it can be done with iTunes 10.7 or 11 on your computer. To Restore iPhone, open iTunes on computer, connect iPhone to computer with USB Cable, when iTunes recognizes your iPhone, click the Restore button of iTunes.

Dec 6, 2012 7:23 PM in response to MDKaminsky

The Restore is the final way to trouble-shoot software errors of iPhone. If after Restore of iPhone with iTunes on computer, there are still problems, it is hardware problem, which will be covered by Warranty. If your iPhone 4S still has Warranty or AppleCare, make Genius reservation or arrange Service Shipping, so this can be resolved.

How do I do a hard reset on my iPhone 4S?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.