Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ethernet connection to an AirPort Extreme in extended mode?

Hi folks....

I just installed an airport express as a wifi extender for an airport extreme and everything is working fine. My reason for purchasing the extender is to provide an ethernet hook-up point for my "network ready" Denon AVR 2113ci receiver. I stress "network ready" because it is not "wireless" or "wifi enabled" but it does have an RJ45 ethernet connection to hardwire connect via ethernet cable to a network. Unfortunately, I can find no way to set up the airport express to allow me to do this? when I connect the receiver and attempt to set up the network connection I'm advised there is no network available. I purchased the Denon specifically because it was designed to use apple airplay so I don't think it's a compatibility issue? Thanks much for any advice!

Regards and Merry Christmas!

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:15 PM

Suggest that you check to make sure that the Express is really "extending".

Temporarily, turn off the wireless on a laptop and connect it to the Ethernet port on the AirPort Express using an Ethernet cable that you know is working.

See if the computer can log on to the Internet. If it can, you know that you have a network signal at the Ethernet port on the AirPort Express.

What are your results?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2012 8:15 PM in response to MTheaded

Suggest that you check to make sure that the Express is really "extending".

Temporarily, turn off the wireless on a laptop and connect it to the Ethernet port on the AirPort Express using an Ethernet cable that you know is working.

See if the computer can log on to the Internet. If it can, you know that you have a network signal at the Ethernet port on the AirPort Express.

What are your results?

ethernet connection to an AirPort Extreme in extended mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.