Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying aspect of switching between song library and playlists

On the old iTunes, when I switched back and forth between the main song library and a playlist, or between one playlist and another, the window returned to the view I had left it at, and by that I mean that if I had scrolled 3/4 of the way down thru the library list of songs, and switched to a playlist, and then returned to the library, it would return to the same place. With iTunes 11, every time I switch playlist and library it returns to the top of the list, meaning I have to scroll back down thru up to 14,000 songs to find the place I was at. This makes the process of building playlists for my DJ sets needlessly inconvenient.

I hope that they will correct this admittedly minor change in the way the new iTunes operates.

Windows 7

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 7:38 PM

6 replies

Mar 25, 2013 1:29 PM in response to rowlandwilliams

When you uninstall the new iTunes and install the old version, your new library file will not work with the old version so you need to rename and use the library file that was created with the previous version (found in Previous iTunes Libraries folder). When you do that you will lose all the songs and playlists you added or created since doing the upgrade to the new version, and you will need to manually recreate those. There are instructions on how to do this library switch somewhere in these forums...

I made it easier because I had upgraded iTunes on my desktop and laptop, so when I downgraded on my desktop, I had iTunes open on my laptop to visually see all the songs I needed to re-add to the desktop version. Then I downgraded on my laptop. I was using the new version for about a month so I had a fair amount of stuff to redo from scratch, but it was well worth the effort. I will continue to use the old iTunes with pleasure and I will never upgrade again.

Annoying aspect of switching between song library and playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.