Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photobooth cut my recording short. Is there anyway to restore the cut part of video?

So I recorded a 15 min video using Photobooth yesterday and after I ended it, it saved the video as only being only a second long. ?? Might be a loing shot but is there any way I can retreive the part of the video that it is not registering? Maybe a "temp" folder of some sort or a file recovery type program?? This isn't something I could just re-record so I'm more interested in finding the lost part of the recording right now than fixing the issue for future use. Any help would be appreciated. 🙂

Photobooth-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 11:02 PM

5 replies

Dec 7, 2012 9:05 AM in response to EZ Jim

That's what I was affraid of, it does play in photobooth. 😟 So here's a random question that might help me. A couple years ago a friend of mine who had a Macbook Pro found some kind of strange file hidden on his computer somewhere that when he clicked on it, the cursor started moving by itself and basically the system started mimincing everything he had done on his computer a day or two prior. (The cursor moved across the screen and clicked on Safari. Safari program opened up and then the cursor then went into the google search box in the browser and the search words that he had typed into that box the previous day started typing by themselves. Then the website he the prior visited came up. Ect, ect..) It was strange and we both couldn't figure what the file was or what it was intended for but this file basically showed a play by play "recording" of sorts of every action that his monitor saw the day before. I don't remember what this file was called or what it's extention was... Does this sound familiar to anyone? If this file exists on most Macbook's, it could help we recover what I lost if I could utilize its "flashback" properties while I use some sort of video recording software that records what your monitor is displaying. I know it's a long shot and random but trying to think outside of the box to recover what Photobooth has lost.

Dec 7, 2012 12:06 PM in response to tdogg75

tdogg75 wrote: That's what I was affraid of, it does play in photobooth....

Then, other than trying to re-record the video, there is nothing you can do.

For future long-duration captures on your Mac, use iMovie instead of Photo Booth.

tdogg75 wrote: ... Does this sound familiar to anyone?...

Not at all.

There is nothing like you describe in OS X or other Apple software.

The "google search" part of what you describe sounds like the function of http://lmgtfy.com. However, LMGTFY will not do anything outside Safari or other browser apps you may use.

I don't know of any third-party mimic software like that you describe. If such exists, it could only help you if it had previously been installed on your Mac and if you know how to access and operate it.

If you find an unknown application file you cannot control that may be doing things on (or to) your Mac, contact your Apple-Authorized Service Provider immediately for help. Your AASP can determine whether such files may be interfering with your Photo Booth or other Apple software, perhaps even causing your interrupted recording times.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.8.2

Photobooth cut my recording short. Is there anyway to restore the cut part of video?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.