Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

acwake 0 but it wakes up when I plug charger in/out

This one really disturbs my OCD!!! I have MBP 15 inch mid 2012 and I think there is something wrong with it.

Anyway, I don't mind anymore my problem with the hibernation, even though I set my acwake and hibernation to 0 when I do the pmset -g, I can see that hibernate and acwake are on 0 value, but they steel do happen.

Here is my log:

Active Profiles:

Battery Power -1

AC Power -1*

Currently in use:

standbydelay 4200

standby 1

womp 1

halfdim 1

hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage

gpuswitch 2

sms 1

networkoversleep 0

disksleep 10

sleep 10

autopoweroffdelay 14400

hibernatemode 0

autopoweroff 1

ttyskeepawake 1

displaysleep 3

acwake 0

lidwake 1

I found a thread that I need to go to

HD/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

and delete 3 files

HD/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist-orig  
HD/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist
HD/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.AutoWake.plist

But that folder does not exist on my mbp. I can get to the Library/Preferences but System Configuration is nowhere to be found.

TL;DR acwake and hibernation disabled but steel active. Cant find System Configuration folder in Library/Preferences

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 10:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 11:05 PM

It's in mine - are you sure that you're looking at the root level Library and not your user Library?

Clinton

5 replies

Feb 14, 2013 9:35 PM in response to SwankPeRFection

To add to this, I'm still on 12C60 build of OSX 10.8.2. This build doesn't have the autopoweroff glitch that only allows it to hibernate when it's plugged into AC and sleeping, but if I enable my standby mode, whenever the laptop is sleeping/closed and I plug unplug the AC adaptor, it does the same wakeup issue you're seeing. Seems Apple's coded the hardware to wake up when it switches power modes, which is kind of ******** because no other laptop computer that I know of has to do this. Why Apple thinks their needs to just to have to start counting the timeout again before it enters standby and uses no power is beyond me. Their development engineers are kind of stupid sometimes with their decisions. Surely they can update the EFI on the hardware to not do this. If a system is in standby/hibernate (i.e. the mode where it doesn't use any power to maintain the OS image in RAM) then it shouldn't wake up when you connect or disconnect the power adapter.

Look at it this way. If you shut down OSX on the laptop and let it power itself off, when you connect and disconnect the power at that point, the system doesn't power itself back on for any reason. Why then does it do it when the system has entered standby/hibernation?! It shouldn't need to... the RAM image has already been written to non-volatile hard disk memory in an image file. Technically speaking, I can hibernate the system on battery power and unplug the battery from the system. I can then reconnect the battery and wake the system up. OSX will read the image from the hard disk and load it into RAM and off it'll go. This is no different then if you put a Windows system into Hibernation. It doesn't require power to maintain that state because the OS on bootup sees the hibernation file tag and read it back into memory instead of thinking it needs to do a full OS boot from scratch.

Apple makes no sense sometimes.

acwake 0 but it wakes up when I plug charger in/out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.