Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud added anniversary dates to all contacts.

I just uploaded all my contacts to iCloud and they have successfully synced with all my iCloud devices.

The only problem is that all my 1,657 contacts have been added an anniversary date of January 1, 4501. I still can't figure out why this happened.

Does anyone know how to delete all the anniversary dates from my contacts?? I don't want any anniversary dates for no one.

My desktop is a Windows PC, and I use Microsoft Outlook 2010. Can I delete them using Outlook??

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 12:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 3:39 PM

I'm on iCloud & Outlook 2007 so my suggestion is an uncertain one - but here goes.........

In Outlook: suggestion one:-

Go contacts and select view as Phone List.

Select Customize View, then Fields, then All Contact Fields, and add Anniversary.

Thus Anniversary is now a column.

You can delete that field's data individually. I don't know of a way to delete all the column in this view.

Laborious yes with 1500 contacts, but do a bit at a time?

Suggestion two is to export the contacts as a CSV, edit that file in Excel, and delete the data there. Of course bulk delete is possible here. Save. Then re-import the resultant CSV.

At all steps, backup backup etc etc :-) Cheers @PedroStephano

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2012 3:39 PM in response to GEM4

I'm on iCloud & Outlook 2007 so my suggestion is an uncertain one - but here goes.........

In Outlook: suggestion one:-

Go contacts and select view as Phone List.

Select Customize View, then Fields, then All Contact Fields, and add Anniversary.

Thus Anniversary is now a column.

You can delete that field's data individually. I don't know of a way to delete all the column in this view.

Laborious yes with 1500 contacts, but do a bit at a time?

Suggestion two is to export the contacts as a CSV, edit that file in Excel, and delete the data there. Of course bulk delete is possible here. Save. Then re-import the resultant CSV.

At all steps, backup backup etc etc :-) Cheers @PedroStephano

Aug 6, 2014 1:03 PM in response to Tintomatoes

Unfortunately, the problem does originate with Microsoft. They use January 1, 4501 to represent 'None' in the date field. Outlook interprets it as a blank field. Apple does not. Doesn't get us any closer to an easy solution, but at least it tells us where it started. Little bit of background at:

http://www.outlookforums.com/threads/39100-saturday-january-01-4501-reminder-dat e/

Nov 9, 2015 10:37 PM in response to GEM4

HI to all. After reading a lot of blogs and pages you finally get something. its very simple but we aren't aware of some facts

when we sync our contacts with iCloud from outlook for the first time it automatically inserts a anniversary field in your contacts. And in outlook it might look blank but in iCloud and on the iPhone it will come up as 4045 or whatever. so our job is to get them all to "none" in the anniversary feild. So when you read about how to move them all into the group in list view where there's the group of contacts that have a none by anniversary and it will change all your contacts to anniversary none!!! But one little tip no one told us is that in order to change it into a "none" you first have to give and create a anniversary date, doesn't matter which date. Only then can you really get it to become none. And like this you first change them all to with a date and then back to with out a date and then you will no longer see anniversary in you contacts. And you can change them all in one shot.

THanks. I hope this helps someone.

iCloud added anniversary dates to all contacts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.