Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

aperture

Aperture projects breakdown by year or by folder are inactive since version 3.4 while icons are still there!

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 2:27 AM

13 replies

Dec 7, 2012 3:37 AM in response to bernard254

As you can see in the thread I pointed to, the grouping by folder and year works well on all four of my macs with the latest Aperture version 3.4.3 and Mt. Lion 10.8.2, two MBPs and two iMacs.

If there is a bug, it must be specific to the architecture of your Mac in combination with your Mac OS X and Aperture version. What versions exactly are you using?

Have you made sure, that the problem occurs independently of the user account you are using and the Aperture Library you are using?

Your profile states Mac OS X 10.7.1. Is there a reason, why you do not upgrade to 10.7.5? Maybe a upgrade will solve this.

If you are sure, this is system wide trouble on your machine, send feedback to Apple using the link in the Aperture menu in Aperture's main menu bar.

Regards

Léonie

Dec 7, 2012 4:24 AM in response to léonie

In fact I am also using Aperture 3.4.3 with Mt Lion 10.8.2 and a MacPro beginning 200 and an iMac. At the Apple strore I have used the 2012 iMac with the last version of both Mt Lion and Aperture. Same behaviour on the three systems. Genius people at the Apple Store have seen that Aperture does not work properly. The dev team has not reacted to my post this is why I am looking for a solution here.

Dec 7, 2012 9:21 AM in response to bernard254

2) Bernard lives in France, like me : a problem with the French version only ??

Bernard,

I set my system to "Français" in "langue et texte" and now I cannot use the buttons "Group by Year" and "Group by Folder" any longer, just like you. 😠

Does the problem vanish, if you set your system to "English" in the System Preferences, "Language & Text" panel?

It looks like there is a problem with the french localization files.

Regards

Léonie

Dec 19, 2012 1:03 AM in response to bernard254

Bonjour, concerning the Aperture related problem I have just received the following from the Apple Dev:

Hello Bernard,

This is a follow up to Bug ID# 12625108. This bug has been closed as a Duplicate. The issue is being tracked under the original Bug ID# 12367866 which is also listed in the Related Problem section of your bug report. To check the status of the original bug report, please visit the Related Problem section of the Problem Detail view of your closed duplicate bug.

For further information on the status of the original bug report, please update your report directly <http://bugreport.apple.com> and we will provide you with any available information.

Thank you for submitting this report.

Apple Developer Support

Worldwide Developer Relations

We will probably see the problem solved within the next release.

Bernard

aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.