Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

second gmail page doesn't load with safari (using google multiple account)

Hi,

I have an issue using multiple accounts with Safari on my rMBP

I can log in one account. When trying to log into a 2nd one, a new tab opens but the page doesn't load. the adress bar seems to read the adress properly but the page displays the progressing bar endlessly.

User uploaded file

Funny thing is when I click "load basic HTML", the page does open. But I don't want that lame display, I want the real thing !

I'm using OS 10.2.8 and Safari 6.0.2

I've tried many things, emptied the cache, swithed back to 10.8.1, changed the DNS adresses, renamed the network...

Same problem occurs.

So : why can safari load one Gmail page, and not a second one ???

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 6:59 AM

2 replies

Dec 8, 2012 4:06 AM in response to Joz85

Found a "solution" today, after reading in other posts that an adobe plug in was guilty (adobe air).

I dind't have this "adobe air" plug in on my mac, but I gave it a try with Adobe Flash.

I Deleted Adobe Flash and every flash related plug-in (/Library/Internet Plug-Ins). Hurray !

However, it's a pity that one has to get rid of Flash to get Safari to work properly. Now some videos won't play on my favorite news site.

Note : to show the Library Directory :

Hold down the Option key (Alt) while going in the "Go" menu of the Finder.

second gmail page doesn't load with safari (using google multiple account)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.