Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

large photo stream after import, photo stream after iphoto import

After buying a new MBP 15" (my first Mac) I have been going through the process of learning the new and wonderful world of OSX Mountain Lion.

After moving all of my Pictures from my old computer to the pictures folder I then imported them into iphoto. It is my understanding that i can now delete those files from the pictures folder because they are now copied to the iphoto library (also in the pictures folder) essentially making to copies which are filling my disk space. Please correct me if I am wrong.

My question now....when looking at my photostream on my iphone it is now including pictures from 10 years ago because it has sent all photos from my import to iphoto to the photo stream. What is the best way to clean these up back to my more recent photos?

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 8:19 AM

To delete photos from your Photo Stream see iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ,

the paragraph on How do I delete photos from My Photo Stream?;

Before you delete the photos that you imported to the iPhoto library from your disk, check, if they really have been imported, by selecting one of the photos in iPhoto and using the command "File > Reveal in Finder > Original File". If this shows a folder inside the iPhoto Library, you can besure, that the image files now are safely included in your library.

Regards

Léonie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2012 8:19 AM in response to rossiguy

To delete photos from your Photo Stream see iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ,

the paragraph on How do I delete photos from My Photo Stream?;

Before you delete the photos that you imported to the iPhoto library from your disk, check, if they really have been imported, by selecting one of the photos in iPhoto and using the command "File > Reveal in Finder > Original File". If this shows a folder inside the iPhoto Library, you can besure, that the image files now are safely included in your library.

Regards

Léonie

large photo stream after import, photo stream after iphoto import

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.