4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2012 9:11 AM by charlesbt
charlesbt Level 1 (0 points)

HI

I have just set up my new Macbok Pro from a Time Machine and its come out fine except for the fact that

the Applications Folder does not hold its settings. Whenever I reboot or force quit quit Finder it goes back to default settings which

I don't want. I have tried all the different view and clean up settings to try to get it to hold them but no luck.

Is there a plist for this specific folder which has obviously become corrupt?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • dwb Level 7 (22,615 points)

an invisible file inside the folder called ds_store holds a window's position, icon view etc. Are these the kind of settings you are talking about?

• charlesbt Level 1 (0 points)

Yes, how do I find the one that controls the Applications Folder settings as thats the only one thats not holding the setting?

Thank you

• dwb Level 7 (22,615 points)

There are a number of ways to delete the Applications ds_store file. The easiest probably is to download this program to show invisible files. Open the Applications folder, run the program, find the ds_store file, delete it and empty the trash.

• charlesbt Level 1 (0 points)

HI dwb

Thank you, I tried to delete with your above program and via the terminal and repair permissions but nothing worked.

I have decided to do a re-install of the whole system.

Tks again for your help.

Charles