Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX taking FOREVER to share HD movie

My 2011 MBP has been processing a 75-minute HD movie for the past FORTY hours, and it's only 66% done. By my calculations, it'll take 60 hours to complete it (if I'm lucky!) which works out at a whopping 48 minutes per minute.

In the past, I used to leave it overnight and it would be finished in the morning. Any ideas welcome. It's still precessing by the way i.e. it hasn't frozen. And there are no other applications running in the background. I've 4Gb RAM, and yes, the original footage is on the MBP spinning hard drive.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 4GB 1333 MHz

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 9:27 AM

5 replies

Dec 7, 2012 2:16 PM in response to Pádraig

I'm guessing it may be struggling with the conversion from interlaced to progressive. (I work in interlaced so seldom these days that I don't have much to compare to.)

You may want to test a couple of alternative workflows. (Just take a 5 minute section of your interlaced project in the interest of time.)

1) Creating a progressive FCPX and pasting the section into that.

2) If you have Compressor, exporting the 5 minute section from your current project as a master file bringing that into Compressor and applying the Apple Device preset.

Russ

FCPX taking FOREVER to share HD movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.