Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop iTunes 11.0 from launching automatically when iPhone is connected?

Hi all -

Just got an iPhone 5 and connected it to my computer to charge. Discovered upon doing so that my version of iTunes is now upgraded to 11.0. How do I stop iTunes 11.0 from automatically launching when I connect my iPhone? I can't find an appropriate box to uncheck. In the old version of iTunes, there were different things to uncheck for stopping automatic syncing and automatic launching. Is this still the case? If so I'd like to prevent launching but keep syncing.

Thanks.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 9:00 AM

5 replies

Feb 17, 2013 8:18 AM in response to bcimmet

Hummm, that's odd. I always have "Automatically sync when iPhone is connected" unchecked, it has been working fine untill this morning, out of the blue when I plug the iPhone 5 in, **** iTunes launchs itself Then an error message said the iTune could not connect to the iPhone5, meanwhile the iPhone keeps beeping because of that.

It seems like Apple loves all these obnoxious automatic this and that features, they do it in iPhoto, XCode.... everything they make. Personally I like to have more control of what I want to do, I really HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE!! all the automatic these and that.

Aug 10, 2013 2:37 PM in response to smokyroom26

Click on the "iPhone" button that appears right bollow the search field (not on the eject icon). It will open the summary screen of your iPhone. Under "Options" deselect the "Automatically Sync When This iPhone Is Connected" checkbox. Then click on the "Apply" button that will appear on the bottom right.

Stop iTunes 11.0 from launching automatically when iPhone is connected?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.