Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Large Aperture file backup strategy

Hi All,

I my Aperture library is just a little north of 800GB in size on a 1TB LaCie FW 800 HD (primary). My previous backup strategy was to copy the library via a spare Mac Server via 1 GB ethernet to a 36TB Isilon NAS and then copy this back to an identical 1 TB LaCie (backup). This gave me three backups in three locations.

This worked fine and only took about 4 to 5 hours to backup the primary disk to the Isilon and I didn't care how long it took to make the LaCie backup.

Once I hit 800 GB the time to backup the drive to the Isilon started to get in the range of 12 to 14 hours with more than a 1/2 million files being copied.

Obviously this isn't working from an efficiency standpoint and I need to come up with a better backup plan one thats reasonably easy to use and faster to get done without sacrificing security of multiple backups in multiple locations.

Thanks

Mike

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 16GB SDRAM

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 9:04 AM

There are no replies.

Large Aperture file backup strategy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.